Tuesday, May 15, 2007

....then we will fight in the shade.


The Springbok team was announced this weekend. Now , before we get into the who's in who's not, I just want to clear one thing up. I don't really like getting into who was left out, who doesn't belong, who's there only because he's sleeping with Oregon sister (yeah you know who I'm talking about. Breytie, you man you.). The thing is, when it comes right down to it, I have shit for brains. If it were up to me, the Springbok team would consist of Frans Steyn, Bobby Skinstad and the Felions (I haven't forgotten you. Out of the competition...yes. Out of my heart...no. Out of my pants...definitely not.) So I don't consider myself capable of judging Jake's team. HOWEVER..... Ashwin Willemse? really? seriously, I know I have a penchant for over exaggeration, but the last time I actually saw or heard anything from him, was when he scored a try against Samoa... in the last world cup! That was four years ago. Seriously, what has he been doing? *ring ring* "Hallo Ashwin Speaking. Oh, Hi coach.....Why yes, I'd love to play some rugby, I am a rugby player after all..uh huh....yep... uh huh... Sure, but Listen coach, I'm just in the middle of something right now,...yeah I'm organising my CD's alphabetically, I'm up to the b's. I tell you what, give me uh...four years, and I'll get back to you, okay? cheers.." Anyway.
Here's the team In what I presume is alphabetical order (How the fuck should I know, I just copy and paste this sort of thing):

Johan Ackermann; Eddie Andrews; BJ Botha; Gary Botha; Bakkies Botha; Gerrie Britz; Schalk Burger; Deon Carstens; Tonderai Chavanga; Jean De Villiers; Bismarck Du Plessis; Fourie Du PreezOs Du Randt; Kabamba Floors; Bevin Fortuin; Jaque Fourie; Bryan Habana; Butch James; Ricky Januarie; Wayne Julies; Victor Matfield; Percy Montgomery; Johann Muller; Waylon Murray; Akona Ndungane; Odwa Ndungane; Wynand Olivier; Breyton Paulse; Ruan Pienaar; JP Pietersen; Andre Pretorius; Jaco Pretorius; Danie Rossouw; Bob Skinstad; John Smit; Juan Smith; Pierre Spies; Gurthro Steenkamp; Francois Steyn; Albert Van Den Berg; CJ Van Der Linde; Wikus Van Heerden ; Joe Van Niekerk ; AJ Venter; Luke Watson Ashwin Willemse.

Couple of surprises in there, Tonderai Chavanga, now there's stranger, he has all the makings of a brilliant rugby player, except for the actual playing of the rugby, something he's only done twice to my recollection. I sincerely thought hell would freeze over before Luke Watson made any kind of squad, although as it turns out, Jake didn't pick him, Jake was forced by his boss, kind of like "JAKE!! if you don't take your little brother with you to the party you can't go either!" well, little brother got an ass whooping, what will Luke get?

All in all I'm pretty happy with the team, only three omissions would've made me cry, Ruaan, Frans and Waylon. I can win you games using those three players, and no one else, no shit. I hope for one thing, and that is that all the new players get used a lot during the Tri Nations, and incoming tours. I mean really if you're going to gamble, gamble on the Tri nations, that shit comes around every year. and since we're 90% likely to lose the away leg, we might as well lose it while blooding new players and learning something. I tell ya, It never ends, I'm up all nights worrying about the Super14, then it's finally over, now I gotta worry about tri nations and world cups. I hate this game.

Posted by CounterRuck @ 1:21 AM