Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BULLS!!!!


And so we come to the end of another Super 14, I wont lie, I loved it. It was the most closely contested of installments in the history of the tournament, is that true? probably not but it sounds good. I'm not overly pleased with the outcome. I love seeing the Bulls win, just not against the Sharks. but hey,what're you gonna do.


What was great was watching the kiwi press cover the final. There's something pleasing about the look of a man reporting on a game when he would rather be watching his pubes grow. One thing is true though, watching the two best teams in SA in a colossal battle scared the shit out of them. They're focusing on Matfield, Habbana, Butch, Pietersen and Steyn and nervously contemplating the sheer awesomeness (it's a word!) of a team with all of them.


All in all I'm very pleased with our all South African final, the atmosphere was incredible, and the game wasn't too bad either. I will write a full report on the Super14 as I saw it, but that kind of creative genius will take a lot of time.


Congratulations to the Bulls, the Dallas Cowboys of Rugby (in more ways than one)


*interesting bull-fact: I searched the net for pictures to plagiarize, and in the end I settled on the one above which I found on the Al Jazeera website, most famous for getting first dibbs on footage from Osama. They must not have seen Jaco's T-shirt.

Posted by CounterRuck @ 3:12 AM