Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Weekend Preview


I've got a little time on my hands, so I thought I' do a Preview for the games this weekend. I figured what the fuck, the five people reading this expect me to write about Rugby every now and then, and since we're in the middle of the biggest rugby tournament (franchise tournament, that is) in the world. I might as well write some shit.

So we got Chiefs v Lions. I've grown to love the Lions a bit during this season (until they fuck up, then it's back to chamber of mediocrity) And the chiefs are so bad, so very bad. that I'm going to give this one to the Lions. On the the subject of the Lions I would like to do an in depth special report on the FeLions. If anyone has any info send it to counterruck@gmail.com, their likes, dislikes, phone numbers, pre-disposition to nude photography. You know, that sort of thing. who knows I might send you a special gift for your troubles. (I may also take your info, and completely ignore you. the more likely outcome.)


Western Force v Reds ....... Ugh, it's so hard making the effort of a prediction when I couldn't give a flying chocolate covered fuck about either team. So go on reds, win this one and further divide the lower end of the table.


Crusaders v Vodacom Bulls. In previous years if you had said to me "Bulls Vs Crusaders at Christchurch" I would've smiled, finished my drink, and jumped in front of a bus. because that is a lose lose scenario. However. this season with it's lack of AB's and the crowding of the top end of the table by South African teams. every beaten NZ team equals more possibility of an SA super 14 trophy. So I hope the Bulls bury the Crusaders. I'm still keeping an eye on that bus though.


Waratahs v Vodacom Stormers. Fuck you Stormers. You make me retract a perfectly legitimate post on your apathy and uselessness by Forrest Gumping your way past a sleeping Hurricanes side. Then you smile sneakily at me while you get reamed by the Brumbies, reamed I tell you. So why don't you go ahead and get fucked by the 6 million dollar man. see if I care.


(I apologise for the overwhelming use of anal sex metaphors. You see the reason, is that I live in Auckland now and it's a very real part of life in the big city.)


Vodacom Cheetahs v Brumbies. I have only once hoped the Cheetahs lose, and that was against the Sharks, for which I can be forgiven. But now I hope they break the Brumbies. It's all mathematical, and in my days as an NSA spook, let me tell you, mathematics can save lives. and that is what it's all about. That, and doing one of the FeLions. (Seriously, you got the address, let me know.)


The Sharks v Hurricanes. No surprises here. I think the Hurricanes are good, but they're playing against the top team in the league, they're away from home, they're all walking around Gateway mall bewildered at the amount of hot girls, and that fiery red thing in the sky. I say half of them don't even show up for the game, let alone keep their mind on playing.


So, there you have it, I didn't predict winners, I didn't give any facts or stats, I didn't really get anywhere to be honest. Some say that, that is the reason why I did not get a SA Blog Awards nomination. That may be true, but the day I need facts or opinions or grammar or literacy to write my blog, that day my friends, is the day the terrorists win.

P.S. those awards SUCK. half the blogs on there don't even write their own shit, they plagiarize and re post and...... I am not bitter, nu uh. not even.

Posted by CounterRuck @ 6:17 PM

Read or Post a Comment

bud you write about sport, so do i, well on my other blog rugbyza.blogspot.com and cricketza.com, no one cares about sport that is in line for the awards. go to joblog and read his rant about 2oceansvibe and you will see the childishness!!! you have a good blog big guy keep it up

Posted by Blogger WanderingNomad @ March 22, 2007 at 3:24 PM #
 

Thanks man,

I did actually see the big mess on joblog. what a bunch of girls. it's not like they win free beer or anything. um they don't do they? because i'd definitely enter that one.

Posted by Blogger CounterRuck @ April 4, 2007 at 5:49 AM #
 
<< Home