Thursday, February 8, 2007

Weekend Picks 9/02/07


OK what've we got....

Crusaders v Reds
Hmm, I can't see the Crusaders losing 2 in a row, that would be a world gone Topsy turvy, especially at home. Robbie Deans would shit a brick if his team was fickle enough to fall to pieces after losing one or two players (or like 9).

Stormers v Western Force
Come on. You have to give this one to the Stormers, I mean, I know they play like little girls sometimes, and they consistently piss away all the talent they have at their disposal, and they insist on leaving Russel on the bench in favour of a rookie that can't attack for shit. But it's the Force?!?!?! You could probably grab some hippies off table mountain, stick them on the field, "mid-trip" and they'd still win, (Ok, well draw at least.)

The Sharks v Waratahs
I'm a little concerned about this one. The Sharks did a good job against the Bulls last week, but let's be honest the bulls were shite. I think if Butch has one of his ON days, the 'Tahs might have a hard day. I also think that the rookies in the Sharks team have got those first game jitters out of the way. Watch Kankowski, Pienaar and Steyn make up for the shit they served up last week. I also think that the hottub girls at every Kings Park game (It'll always be Kings Park) will have an effect on the Waratahs. I mean, have you ever tried running around with an erection? I have. (Running around, running away, same thing.)


Chiefs v Hurricanes
I'll give this one to the Hurricanes, but only because Umaga's back. Never under estimate the impact of a strong leader in a Kiwi team. In Fact, when they don't have a strong leader, look what happens (Crusaders anyone).

Brumbies v Blues
I'll have to say Brumbies. They did nothing wrong last week, and even thought the Blues are not bad this year, I guarantee Flavell gets sent off, and the Brumbies capitalise and score the winner. And I guarantee that this is the sexiest sportsbolg in the world. You can take that to the bank.

Bulls v Cheetahs
This is going to be a pretty good clash, both teams have great talent and can more than handle themselves. but I suspect it's going to turn into a cock measuring contest. it's going to be forwards bashing into each other, and backs staring menacingly, while dancing. not a pleasurable viewing experience, but I'll be drunk all the same.

Lions v Highlanders
Sigh... If there's one thing growing up in JoBurg prepares you for, it's a lifetime of disappointment. That's why I can safely bet on the Lions, and if (when) they lose I can welcome my old friend, heartache, back for a few beers. But as Jason Lee once said, "The sweet is never as sweet without the sour" So on the occasions that the Lions do win, birds fly a little slower, the sun shines a little brighter, and pretty girls smile a little longer. those are the days that make the pain worthwhile.




Posted by CounterRuck @ 11:29 AM