Thursday, February 1, 2007

I almost completely forgot....


Not only is it the SuperBowl, and the start of the Super14 this weekend, it is also the Wellington 7's, right here in uh.. Wellington. I don't know how I managed to miss all the hype though, for Kiwis it's one of the biggest events of the year, second only to the National Sheep Shearing Competition. I took a walk around town at lunch time, and I'll tell you, I have not seen that many slutty nurses, slutty cops and slutty construction worker girls in a long time. (well since my 2 hour special Internet time in the office this morning.)

For those who don't know much about the sevens, it's like this. It's like rugby, but instead of 15 players, each team only has 7. Instead of 40 minutes, each half of rugby only lasts 7 and instead of 10's of millions of people believing in it's authenticity as a sport there are only....7. Don't get me wrong It's a fun event and any social situation that makes it okay for girls to get drunk wearing only togas is totally cool. But I don't really think of it as a legitimate form of rugby. Don't tell the people of Fiji though, other than almost killing Keith Richards (quite impressive, given that all the drugs and guns in the world couldn't even come close), 7's rugby is really the only thing they got.

Of course my stance on this may change if South Africa win it here in Wellington. If so, I will see you bitches on Courtney Place and you will kiss the South African flag painted on my bare white ass.

Posted by CounterRuck @ 5:46 PM