Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend Picks 2/02/07




I fully intend to give my predictions for each weeks Super 14 Love fest. (Keep in mind I also fully intended on becoming a super spy, but look how that worked out.) It's a simple concept fairly similar to WithLeathers Weekly Picks, home team all in caps.

BLUES vs. Crusaders.
I don't really care to be honest. the only reason I'd watch this is to see how, if at all, helpless the crusaders are without their guns. and by guns I mean Ritchie and Danny. I'll go Blues only because I'm moving a to Auckland and need some Karma.

FORCE vs. Highlanders
Eh, Again I can't say I'm overly excited about this. Matt Giteau is going to look like Jesus the magician among all these losers. I'm going to go Force, only because I don't believe any one of the highlanders have ever seen the sun. It may freak them out.

LIONS vs. Warratahs
Now we're fuckin talking. I think one of two things will happen the Lions will let rip and eat Phil Waugh's mullet. or they will lay down and get violated, thinking to themselves, "I'm sure I've been here before?" The optimist in me however is well aware of the fact that the Lions have never lost a Super 14 match (The Cats on the other hand got fucked up several hundred times.)

CHIEFS v.s Brumbies
Another Trans-Tasman Suckfest. And whats worse? no fucking cheerleaders. NEXT.

REDS vs. Hurricanes
I have only a mildly vested interest in this one. See I live in Wellington and I've met a few of the players so I kinda hope they do ok. they've been pretty unlucky throughout the competition. The only time they ever got to a final they were forced to do it like the Karate kid and play blind. So I'm going away team on this one.

SHARKS vs. Bulls
This is going to be a big one. The Last time they met, the Sharks did everything to get to a semi final, only for the Bulls to pick one big "fuck you" out of their pockets and hand it to them.
Keep in mind though, the Sharks have all the talent in the world at their disposal and the Bulls don't exactly have anything new to offer, just more of the same. Which wasn't bad to begin with.
So expect a big match but remember, win or lose, the Sharks will always have the hottest girls in hottubs. and that is what really counts.

CHEETAHS vs. Stormers
I can see this match being quite exciting. Typical clash of Boer vs. Hippy. and that's always fun. Having said that I have all the respect in the world for Luke Watson. In one season of Curry Cup he has restored at least a little of the former WP glory, Which just once again proves my point that when you select a captain, don't go for a girly backline player, get a hard motherflanker.


That Concludes our Picks for the weekend, all the picks from now on will be shorter (if at all) This is just the bumper first edition. If your wondering about the picture read
this. After that I want all you hot girls reading this, (no not you grandma) to don various t-shirts of a similar nature and send me the pictures. example "Fuck Da hurricanes", "fuck da Brumbies".

good night and good luck.

Posted by CounterRuck @ 1:19 PM