Monday, December 18, 2006

Bobby's Back! (and you're gonna be in touble?)



As I'm sure you all know by now Bob Skinstad will be joining The Sharks franchise in next years Super 14. I love the Sharks, that being said that's not the only reason I'm excited

I am also incredibly excited about the return of mister
Skinstad in general, and here's why. You know who I always admired as a sportsman? Gary Player. Here's a man who was at the top of his game, smart, eloquent, and from what I understand from my grandmother, made all the ladies a little crazy when he was young. And yes, I feel just as weird saying that as you feel hearing it. What we lack in South African sport lately is ambassadors, The kind of guys you actually look forward to hearing interviews with, Not the guy who repeats the same cliche in every. fucking. interview. Assuming he gets the words out at all.

That's where I think
Skinstad comes in. I've heard his commentary and game analysis in the UK, he's very entertaining. (By the way Bob, you're "with me leather" comment was not lost me, excellent little piece of social satire there.") And he's the kind of guy that can get hot chicks to go to the rugby who ordinarily wouldn't, and that, my friend, is the greatest gift of all

Posted by CounterRuck @ 11:57 AM